POTTERTON PROMAX NO CH BUT HAVE HW ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a pott promax he24 plus boiler, the hw is fine but no ch it is about 5years old can anyone please advise. When i switch to ch the boiler fires up but when i switch to ch it does not fire up ?? when both on togrether it fires up till hw gets to temp ??

Sponsored Links
I assume this is a system boiler or open vent?

In this case it will be your 3 port valve head faulty, or the ch 2 port valve head.

Have you checked there is 240VAC on the orange wire when there is a demand for CH?

The valve motor may work but the microswitch in the valve head has probably broken.

Sponsored Links
There will be an orange wire from both valves.

You need to turn off electric to heating system, temporarily disconnect the orange wires, leave safe, turn back on, select CH only and check to see if there is 240VAC on the CH valve orange wire.

Only do this if you feel competent at testing live electrics, otherwise get a heating engineer or sparks in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back