Potterton Puma 100 Perm Pilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton puma with 2 strange faults.

1. With the boiler receiving CH demand it does not run. If i turn up the boiler CH stat the boiler lights then carries on running ok for a few days.

WHY?

2. I have just noticed that my HW temperature is nolonger hot - only warm. If i turn on a sink tap the bolier fires up / runs etc but the water only gets warm on the highest setting on the control panel knob. Turning the HW temp knob up and down makes no difference. If I manually turn the tap down to reduce the flow it gets hot as before.

Are these 2 faults related?

Sponsored Links
I'd check the resistances of the two temp sensors. If they were OK I'd call Potterton, but expect them to say change the PCB.

Poor HW can be caused by lots of things, most of which an engineer would find by measuring temps inside the boiler.

From memory the values are in the installation book. Do you know if they are correct in the book? OR do you know what they actually should be ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back