Potterton Puma 80 "Low System Pressure" problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to shed some light on a problem thats suddenly appeared on my Potterton Puma 80 boiler.

The thing has been working fine ever since I moved in, but now suddenly the "Low system pressure" light stays on constantly. I've tried cutting the power from the boiler from the wall switch, but the light comes straight back on as soon as I switch the power on.

Someone has told me that if the "Low Pressure Light," is on, the boiler will not light at all? They also said that a common fault is debris in the pressure switch, which could be causing the boiler to think that there is low pressure? If there is all "gunk" in the switch, is this something you can remedy yourself?

If it is, could someone walk me through doing it with an "idiot's" guide please? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
turn off power
disconnect one wire from pressure switch and insulate
power on
make sure the pressure is ok
light should be out
its usually gunk in the switch ;)

thanks mate thats great,

just a couple of questions though..... which one is the pressure switch? There are 5 or 6 pipes at the back and a couple of them have wires on them. Which of the wires do I take off? The green ones? Or the green and yellow ones?

Also, how do I clean the switch, or do I just leave this wire hanging insulated permanently?

cheers

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
switch is below the pump on the left screwed into the diverter valve

wouldnt advise leaving it dissconnected :eek:

manual here

i personally wouldnt worry too much about leaving it disconnected as the model below the combi didnt even have one fitted ;)

i would like to say however this is a personal view and not one of pottertons :rolleyes:

ok brillian thanks for your help.

Just one other thing, If i still don't manage it, whats a fair price to pay to get something like this fixed?

Cheers

We supply and fit a replacement LP water pressure switch in London for £136 inclusive!

£126 in the Midlands!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back