Potterton Suprima 30 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help.... I have a Potterton Suprima 30 boiler, the boiler fires up normally however the central heating And hot water fail to reach the desired temperature (room stat selected high, hot water tank stat selected to 50 degrees and boiler temp selected to high).The boiler continues to run for approx 20 mins then cuts out. The 3 port valve and overheat stat have been replaced as recommended by a local plumber but the fault still remains. The pcb was replaced with the updated siemens board 6 months ago for a different fault. Do the new boards also suffer as the old boards did???? The system has been bled and the pump is running....

Sponsored Links
can't see why the 3 port was changed.
obviously i take it the boilers still getting a signal from the 3 port that theirs a call for heat ?

Thanks for the info guys, I replaced the thermistor and fault remained. Changed the pcb this morning which cured the fault. The updated boards seem to be as unreliable as the previous ones.....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info guys, I replaced the thermistor and fault remained. Changed the pcb this morning which cured the fault. The updated boards seem to be as unreliable as the previous ones.....

not so, thats a rare fault, ive fitted hundreds of the new boards and have only had to replace about 5.

relative had the lockout problem about 2005.
Changed the pcb for the second version and all was well until late 2009 when intermittent lockouts start again.
Just fitted the latest version pcb complete with frame and wiring loom so problem cured.
Examined the underside of the removed pcb and found 1 very bad soldered joint (cracked and signs of arcing) plus another 3 dodgy joints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back