Potterton Suprima 30 Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hope someone can help with this. I have a Potterton Suprima 30 boiler and the Red light remains permanently on - is this normal? I've checked in the user manual and this light shows "Mains On" which is fair enough (although it never used to do this!) however the boiler never seems to fire up - even when i set the timer control to "On" although bizarrely we always have nice, hot water. Please could someone help, as i'm a bit baffled as to whats going on.

The boiler used to go into lockout every 2 minutes, so removed the PCB and i resoldered some dry and cracked joints which worked like a treat. The above only happened after draining the system to install a towel radiator but as the central heating is off then i'm confused...

Please help

Thanks in advance

Kev

Sponsored Links
Is your immersion heater on?, if so and the heating is off it is probably never getting a call for heat.

Then its working, no other way to get nice hot water :)

Sponsored Links
Hi

It is working, i was just wondering why the red light is always on and that the boiler never seems to fire up (the green light never comes on). When i do a reset, the green light comes on for a split second then disappears forever.

The only time the boiler has ever fired up is when i've turned the whole system off for a few hours and powered it on again, yet we still have hot water

Kev

If the boiler never fires up then you're obviously getting your hot water from another source!

Probably have a nice well insulated cylinder that doesn't require the boiler to fire up very often to maintain the temperature, try watching it after the water comes on first thing in the morning.

red light on is mains on as you know.

flashing green light is heating/cylinder calling for heat but up to temperature iirc, this is the one you should look out for as it shows the boiler knows there is a demand.

green light on is burner on isnt it?

like ollski says it must be working at some point in the day if your immersion is off.

you dont have a boilermate cylinder do you?

I have a Suprima 50 and that keeps locking out (red light on). But this is due to airlocks in the system which causes the flow thermistor to lockout. Keep bleeding the sytem but after a week more air causing airlock and water doesn't make it to the boiler. Pump works ok but makes a herrendous noise when no water flowing through before system shuts it off.

Had the boiler about a year and I'm wondering if something has been disturbed when fitted and causing a blockage. So would another drain and flush be in order?

red light solid - power but no demans

red light flashing = lock out or as we in the trade call it "you need a new PCB warning light"

;)

I kid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back