Potterton Suprima 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Suprima 40 boiler which was playing up last year so I replaced the pcb and it was ok until recently. Now, I turn the hot water on and the boiler will fire up and go through two cycles before it locks out and the light goes solid red(the water is heated). Does the same with the heating. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Did you fit the new style PCB (with new wiring loom)?
if so by doing a Quick press of the reset button the display will give a series of pulses if you look at the instrcutions that came with the PCB (which you should have added to the boiler manual you can look up the cause of the lock-out.

If however you fitted a cheapo recon old style PCB you out of luck!!
most fault finding on the Suprima requires the removal of the combustion box cover so you will need to consult a RGI ;)

Sponsored Links
You should always take the fact that a manufacturer re-engineers a part is a good indication that the old type was CARP!!! so why put up with a supposidly recon old style with all of its inherent design faults :confused: :eek:

Does anyone know how many revisions of that POS PCB Potterton had the front to release?

And then had the front to deny was an issue on national Tele ? :LOL:

Nearly as good as when the National Service manager for BG appeared on watchdog and catergorically stated that Service Engineers at BG are not paid commission or encouraged to sell new boilers !! :p

Nearly as good as when the National Service manager for BG appeared on watchdog and catergorically stated that Service Engineers at BG are not paid commission or encouraged to sell new boilers !! :p

:LOL:

He is the Director of S&R I believe.

Watchdogs poor journalism showed them up there, if they had asked the right questions, or even had a clue what they were, they might have got him. As it was Robinson kept on banging on about commission implying we get a percentage, or so I hear.

We are not encouraged to sell new boilers either. We are encouraged to get the salesman through the door. :mrgreen:

Does anyone know how many revisions of that POS PCB Potterton had the front to release?

And then had the front to deny was an issue on national Tele ? :LOL:

Three versions but the last one is pretty good. :LOL:

Sorry but that is utter rubbish... there were far more than that. I am sure the boilers I first saw had issue 4 PC BS, and I definitely remember seeing issue 9 on later boards.
What number they ended up with before 2005 and then this current over prices POS I can't say....

Sorry but that is utter rubbish... there were far more than that. I am sure the boilers I first saw had issue 4 PC BS, and I definitely remember seeing issue 9 on later boards.
What number they ended up with before 2005 and then this current over prices POS I can't say....

You may be correct. I was actually going on the different physical appearances of them without looking into it too closely.

At least the current Siemens version is OK if not cheap.

Ok so if I buy a new pcb , where will I get one and what am I asking for?

Ask the gas safe engineer who will have to fit it for you, as the main combustion chamber needs to be accessed and you shouldnt be in there for safety reasons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back