Potterton Suprima 60 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm hoping someone can advise me please. I have rung my engineer by the way but he's not called me back yet.

This morning the boiler mains light was flashing and the fan running but the boiler was not. tuning the system off at the controls in the airing cupboard made no difference.

I turned the power off at the isolation switch and the light went out and fan stopped of course. Turning the power back on I got the boiler to work until the room temperature was reached and the boiler cut out. It did not click back on again when I turned up the room thermostat.

It was back to the mains light flashing on it again. Again the only way to stop it was by turning off at the isolation switch.

Anything else i can try til my engineer rings/turns up please?

Many thanks
Christina

Sponsored Links
Pcb's can be dodgy on these. There was a known fault on them a while back. It was even on bbc watchdog.

Edit: just realised yours is the he version. Think the dodgy pcb prob only affected the se version

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,

no, there was no lockout light.

the engineer has just left and said it is a dodgy pcb and said much the same as you, that they are known for it.

he said the replacement pcb are expensive and said I would be better off with a new boiler.

I bought this house 2 years ago so not sure how old the boiler was, looking at the seller information form that the seller filled in, he says it was replaced in 2005. it doesn't seem all that old for a boiler or is it?

What should I do, go for a new one or have the pcb replaced?

That's good to know boilerman2,

I think my engineer was giving me BS then as he said it was tricky and saying names of parts I've never heard of.

Perhaps I should find a new engineer?

Any Recommendations near Newbury Berks?

That's good to know boilerman2,

I think my engineer was giving me BS then as he said it was tricky and saying names of parts I've never heard of.

Perhaps I should find a new engineer?

Any Recommendations near Newbury Berks?

If he is not confident with his diagnosis, then he usually suggest a new boiler.

I think you are right there. He is only 21 and a recent ex BG engineer.

he also made a call to someone whilst here - he made it in his van so didn't hear what was said.

I'll give someone else a ring tomorrow, been searching on checkatrade.

thank you everyone for your advice, it's much appreciated.

Ask them about a fixed price repair. Prob your cheapest option if the problem is the pcb.

Thank you, i've phoned another company (the last one wasn't a Company iykwim) who are coming out on Friday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back