Potterton Suprima Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Potterton suprima boilers come in a range, from 30-100. The service manual for them is the same as are many of the parts.

Does anyone know what the difference is between them, and which parts of the system are likely to differ?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
The obvious parts are! Fan, Injector, pressure switch, heat exchanger.

The case and electronics are the same for all.

Alan

But yes in answer to the implicit question - they charge a heck of a lot extra for not much!

Damn - you really think the heat exchanger will be different?

I just bought a second hand Suprima 40 in the hope that I can replace the heat exchanger in my Suprima 60...

:eek: :(

Sponsored Links
I think the heat exchanger for the 30,40,50 and 60 have the same part number.

Ohhh, I like that post, you don't know how good that sounds :D

I hope you're right

:p

As an aside...

Assuming I wanted to get an engineer to completely replace my existing suprima with another one. It'll be the same boiler, with all the incoming pipework connections and flu at exactly the same locations.

What kind of job is this? How much labour, etc?

If you give me the gc numbers for both boilers and the serial numbers I will find out for you for certain.

Your other problem about changing the entire boiler is much more tricky. I know a lot of self employed gas fitters, but none of them will install a second hand boiler....you will be lucky to find someone to take that on.

I'd do it, don't really see a problem. I wouldn't be giving any sort of guarantee of course. If it didn't fire up I'd still want paying.
Cost would depend whether you're in central smoke or the boonies.

Well assuming (hoping...) that the heat exchanger is the same, I'm going to have a go at changing that myself. I've read the manual, it doesn't seem overly complicated, and there is no gas components invlolved.

Is there anything obvious I should look out for?

there is no gas components invlolved.

Like hell there aren't! :eek: Don't do it call a corgi in.

Hmmm you sure? I read the operating manual very carefully and the process of changing the HE doesn't seem particularly complicated, and I was sure you didn't have to touch anything gas related. I'll have another read, and I'll also practice on the second hand boiler first (which ain't connected!)

I've previously successfully replaced a PCB... but thats another matter.

Just checked and yes the heat exchangers in 30 to 60s are the same. Sorry.

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back