Potterton Suprima System Boiler Identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking ahead but hope my problem doesn't lay there.

1999 Potterton Suprima System Boiler Identification and its controls.

How to correctly identify the boiler? I notice that it comes in different outputs - ie 30 - 100, etc.

Records left with the householder indicate it was fitted with a new heat exchanger and PCB in 2011.

Also that there appears to be more than one PCB available to buy.
I assume original design and maybe a newer design to fix some of the problems with the earlier one.

Have I got it about right? :cry:

Sponsored Links
If you open the right hand door, you should see the boiler's data plate at the top right corner (if the person who replaced the PCB chassis remembered to fill in the new data plate!) ;)

At my last visit I was distracted by what I thought were Boilermate 2 problems.

However, I did take some photos of the boiler's front panel.
Just had a look at them and its looks like the boiler has been fitted with the later PCB because the front panel picture matches that for the 5111603 kit/ 5112178 for sale on the www.

I assume these new PCBs are also not prefect and do have some typical faults.
How might I confirm if it is the boiler's PCB at fault if multimeter tests on the Boilermate's pump delay timer PCB indicated all is well there?

thanks

overthetop

The boiler turned out to be an 80.

To all those who contributed.

I had a successful result.

A new delay timer PCB fixed the problem of boiler pump running continuously and a high boiler modulation.

thanks,

overthetop

Sponsored Links
next time look at the G.C No & that will tell you exactly what it is

I called it "high boiler modulation".
Not 100% sure if that is the correct description.

Basically for the week or so that the boiler’s pump was running continuously the boiler itself would go thro the procedure of starting up, burning for just one minute or so, and then shut down. This behaviour only to repeat all over again, and again, for the whole week.

The new Delay Timer PCB to the Boilermate2 cured that as well as switching off the pump a few minutes after the tank's stat was satisfied. :rolleyes:

On these if new pcb plate is not filled out there is a sticker on the gas valve and burner which will say eg. "40" or "50" that points u in the right direction

I don't think that the OP is gas registered even though apparently doing work on boilers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back