Potterton Suprima tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have the instruction on how to fit the new PCB replacement part 5111603 (includes fitting plate and wiring) in place of the old PCB 407750 as I have got hold of a replacement but it has no instructions on what wires go where (or are they all the same colour and connection to the monitoring devices)?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
With all due respect, if it was a legitimate purchase, then all of installation instructions would come with the PCB.

Sorry,

I assumed that the rule 10 was in reference to Great Britain where a gas safe engineer is required. Since the work is to be carried out in Northern Ireland where the Gas law only comes into force 1st April this year I thought it would be OK to ask this question?

So if it is allowed then yes please

Sorry I don't have the instructions, but I can tell what I do know.

Sponsored Links
If the part has been sourced from a known supplier get it from them. Otherwise no help offered here that may affect gas critical issues/safety.....wherever you may be asking from

FFS, what could anyone do to a suprima during a PCB change that would make it unsafe?

Nickso

Breach the combustion chamber for one......classed as gas work. Which i am sure you know.

This is a diy site, not a pick your brains for free then do it myself....possibly dangerously.

Nickso

Breach the combustion chamber for one......classed as gas work. Which i am sure you know.

This is a diy site, not a pick your brains for free then do it myself....possibly dangerously.

again, what can they possibly do to a suprima to make it unsafe when swapping the PCB?

Nickso, the latest PCB requires that the combustion chamber is opened to replace all the wiring inside as you would already know if you have ever fitted one.

A gas reg engineer is deemed to be competent to visually inspect the CC for signs of corrosion or other problems and to test the CC after the cover has been replaced to ensure its gas tight.

Then he has to measure the operating pressure to ensure its not over gassed. If he was diligent he would also inspect the gas meter installation to ensure its safe and bonded.

None of those things should be done by a non qualified person.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back