potty potterton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all , i have a potterton puma 100 which i have just replaced the pump on , i put in some system cleaner and sludge remover , i have removed all radiators individually and flushed them through , and after putting everything back together i still have the same symptoms which are that the hot water works fine but if i put on the heating side the boiler fires up for about 20-30 seconds and then shuts down , however if i leave it set to constant it fires up every so often for 20-30 seconds then goes off again 3-4 hours later it comes on and works fine with all radiators piping hot , if anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate a reply

just an update i've just had the diverter valve head out and it was very cruddy inside have cleaned it up and re-installed it but there is no change , could it be a thermostat ?

thanks

craig

Sponsored Links
don't!!!! it's alot more expensive n a t.w.a.t to do! just change the wax capsule ;)

Sponsored Links
do you mean heating up the front part of the diverter valve ? if so how much should it need to be heated ? the back end of it is hot but the front end is cool is this normal ?

thanks for the replies

can anyone recommend the cheapest place to buy a wax capsule for my potterton puma 100e ? by what i've seen prices seem to vary quite a bit

cheers

just wanted to let everyone know that my boiler is now working perfectly after replacing the wax capsule as suggested , thanks very much to everyone that offered advice ;)

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back