Poured concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered a concrete truck today to fill the floors on my house. The area that was being filled in is 46 square meters (100mm depth). The concrete man claims that he has put in 7 cubic meters of concrete which makes no sense - the area is not big enough. To confound it further, he had a counter at the back of his truck which counted up to 4900 or so - he is saying that this doesn't measure cubic meters but he has to translate it on some table he's got. Whats going on here and how can I prove one way or another how much concrete I had?

Sponsored Links
Tell the guy to use a different translation table - preferably the same one which Trading Standards may use if you give them a call

how much did you actually order.None of the concrete suppliers around me supply ad hoc on site

Sponsored Links
I ordered 5 but this is the truck where its mixed together on site as its pushed out by truck and its got a little counter at the back.

Your being robbed.

How these types work is a nice big job like yours bung on an extra metre or so and then drive to a cash job (probably someone who asked them in the pub) drop off the extra metre thats on the truck - pocket the cash . Get back to yard foremen checks there weight and what the clock shows and surprise surprise everything tallys.

Firm are happy
lads have 50 quid drop

Your left fuming.

Oldest trick in the book i'm afraid.

Ring the company and ask for the owner/ senior manager he will know exactly whats going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back