Power Flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone used a Kamco? better still would anyone care to share their experiences of power flushing with me?

I'm buying one and have my first job lined up & so would appreciate any advice, gotchas etc etc

Cheers
AB

P.S. My 1st job is a tiny open vented system, 3 rads, summer valve (just replaced with FB lever valve), Concord WLX and no flow through 2 of the rads or tap stat on HWC, heat takes approx 30 minutes to reach the pump located about 30' from the boiler. Will be changing TRV's and lockshields at the same time.

Sponsored Links
First I'd use the mains to try to get through the pipe!. CHeckout the
gas-news.co.uk site -lots about flushing there.

I have a Kamco, no problems. If you are near enough you should go on one of their free training days, it's a useful information source. Powerflushing is a long job, average systems will take all day, if it doesn't you're skimping.

Powerflushing is not a cure-all. It is one of a number of tools, and if you have a blockage, the only reliable way to cure it is mechanical. If the pipes are blocked, chemicals can't be pumped down them.

Connecting to the system can take a couple of hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back