power flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Id not heard of this until i got a flyer through the door the other day
Is it better or as good as the traditional methods ,does it have any drawbacks and how would you expect it to compare cost wise to the traditional drain and flush methods

Sponsored Links
First of all do you need one? Best check is to remove a small radiator & empty water into a bucket (not a black one) if water is clean you generally don't need a flush

Id not heard of this until i got a flyer through the door the other day

so this guy is touting for trade... run away. you'll only need a powerflush if your heating eng tells you so.

as long as your rads are heating youve got no leaks and you are happy with your gas bill, carry on regardless. use the money for a boiler service and stick the rest in a saving s account.

if you have an old, vented system, it is likely to have a lot of old sediment in it.

however, as long as it is still circulating with no blockages, you can do quite a lot of good by:

baling and sponging out the mud from the F&E

running Sentinel X400 in it for 4 weeks before draining and rinsing. It is very mild and will not damage your old system.

refill with X100 or similar

the chemicals will cost you £15 each so you will be £££hundreds in pocket

If you are energetic take the radiators off and squirt them through with a hosepipe first

If you can do simple plumbing and afford £100, fit a Magnaclean or other device as well, I guarantee you will be amazed and delighted at how much muck it collects, and it will probably prevent you getting a blockage in future.

Sponsored Links
running Sentinel X400 in it for 4 weeks before draining and rinsing. It is very mild and will not damage your old system.

If you want to do it in a few hours you could run Sentinel X800 for a hour or so (well so I've heard).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back