power inside a bathroom

I was hoping for a link to the manufacturer's web site so we could have a look at the installation instructions.

Sponsored Links
I was hoping for a link to the manufacturer's web site so we could have a look at the installation instructions.

I did try myself before I bought it - in the end I checked similar product - these are probably made in China and even if you grab their manuals you'll need to decoded them (am still at it)....there are some reasons why these shower are so cheap - it's a bit like gambling really.

If it doesn't come with adequate instructions for it to be safely installed and used then the importer has committed a criminal offence, and you should report to Trading Standards. Is it CE marked?

If it doesn't come with adequate instructions for it to be safely installed and used then the importer has committed a criminal offence, and you should report to Trading Standards. Is it CE marked?

hold your horses....the product is "CE uk passed" marked and seems of decent quality to me - the manuals are just about right, only a bit too "minimalistic" for such a complex item (for example there is no info about the performance of the fan) and one can tell they haven't spent much time/resources on translation...you need a bit of lateral thinking.

On retrospect, when checking the advert I can see now the steamer was mentioned as requiring 3000w - just, I've missed that and assumed this "steam" shower was going to run on 12v!! (silly me). Anyhow, no major damage done...only a bit more time designing a suitable arrangement for more power entering the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
the product is "CE uk passed" marked
AFAIK that is not an official designation, therefore it is quite likely to not be a genuine declaration of CE compliance.
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking
  • http://www.anec.eu/attachments/ANEC-SC-2012-G-026final.pdf
  • https://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+ce+mark
It might just mean Caveat Emptor...

seems of decent quality to me
Maybe you are happy for you and your family to climb inside something of doubtful safety compliance which combines water and several kW of electrical power to make steam on the basis of that assessment.

Or maybe you aren't.

Anyhow, no major damage done...only a bit more time designing a suitable arrangement for more power entering the bathroom.
And do you plan to design, install and test that?

...there are some reasons why these shower are so cheap - it's a bit like gambling really.
Gambling with one life or the lifes of anyone is never a good idea.

How genuine are the "CE UK passed" notations,

Chinese Export, Utter K-rap comes to mind.

I am told that all CE marked equipment must have clear installation instructions if an incorrect installation could result in them being not fit for purpose.

In this and the other thread you have singularly demonstrated and have indeed stated that you are not competent to do this work and therefore are not legally allowed to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back