Power Shower install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at replacing my current mixer shower with a power shower (no pressure water just drips out).
The system is gravity fed.
Cold water straight from tank in loft space, hot water comes out of tank in airing cupboard in bedroom at same level as bathroom and goes into loft space (up approx 1- 1.50m runs approx 2.00 across loft floor) & then down into shower mixer.
Can I use this pipe work system with a power shower or will I need to take a feed off the bath inlet pipework?

Sponsored Links
As long as you can get the minimum flow at the shower to activate the flow switch then no reason not to use it. You'd need to check and test tho.

Ideally though any pumped shower should have dedicated feeds from the cylinder and cistern setup to maximise flow and minimise air being drawn into the supply.

A pumped digital shower is the best thing for this situation. Something like the ceiling fed Aqualisa Visage. The processor/pump box sits in the loft above the shower. It needs a hot and cold feed and an electricity supply. The blended water passes down a tube (which also acts as the riser rail) into the shower area. Straightforward installation but hot water feed should be taken as per manufacturers instructions and not off the vent pipe in the loft (which I have seen done).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back