power shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my power shower pump does not work, however when i move the shower head down the pole it starts and works fine. is it air in the system. :?:

Sponsored Links
is this a new istallation? if the problem occurs,could be the pressure switch.

Sponsored Links
Probably not air.

Clean out the filters to the pump and shower valve.

i think that there is air in the system . how do i rectifiy it ? when i turn on the shower i can either lower the head and the pump will start working or i can turn the bath tap on and off quickly and the pump will start working

Often an installatioin problem where the head of the storage tank isn't high enough to cause sufficient flow unless you lower the hose.
Solution is to fit a Negative Head pump.
Now you have it though, either live with it, or fit a momentary action ceiling type pull switch to bring the pump on, or an air switch, ditto.

water tank is in the loft and storage tank is in the cupboard which is the same level as the pump and bathroom e.t.c . i have fused spur for the pump , and i understand that the pump comes on through water pressure?

water tank is in the loft
SHouldn't need a neg head pump then.

i understand that the pump comes on through water pressure
Not quite, it's FLOW, when you open the tap.
You should get some flow even with the pump off. If not, check the head for being scaled up.
If you DO have some flow, the flow switch(es) might be sticking/clogged.
Check for any filters in the line.

sorry , im at bit green when it comes to plumbing . where is the head located??? i installed the shower pump myself and tapped of the pipes going to the bath taps. its a thermostatic mixer type. when i installed the pump it worked fine for about a week and then the problem started.

sorry just realised what you were talking about . the shower head is fine and i am getting some flow when i turn it on , but it doesnt seem to be enough flow to activate the pump , so i have to either lower the shower head or quicklly turn on and off the bath tap which then seems to pressure the pump to work . maybe its air i dont really know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back