power shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a showerforce turbo 2 pump in my loft. It was already installed when I moved in. There was some spluttering and assumed air lock issues so I installed a surry flange to the top of the tank and this seems to have sorted it.

After I found the instructions for this pump it suggests installing the pump at the base of the tank in the airing cupboard. This would mean re-plumbing and after the pump, the pipes would go back up into the loft and then back down into the bathroom.

Is there any reason I should move the pump? Would there be noise issues?

Many Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Mike,

Ideally the pump should be as close to the HW Cylinder as possible, if it is easy for you to do then I suggest moving it.

You would then also have to fit bleed vents to the highest point of the pipework i.e in your loft, to clear any future airlocks.

Rico

provided the pump operates OK I would leave it.

When the pump is sited in a loft it is always a good idea to install an anti gravity loop on the Hot before it goes up to the loft to supply the pump.

i agree i would leave it where it is ,as far as im aware it wont affect operation,fit air vents to highest point. and the reason it is frowned upon is the risk of freezing.

Sponsored Links
Pipe exits the essex flange (or Surrey) then drops down a good 300mm or so then goes up to supply the pump

Thanks Bathsyle, what is the purpose of it?

Is it to do with getting rid of air bubbles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back