shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have installed a shower pump in my airing cupboard which is close to my bedroom and for that matter other bedrooms. i wish to move the pump into the loft space but on the pump instructions it says that the vertical distance between the pump outlet and the water level in header tank must be at least 2 metres. i have asked around and my othefriends all have there shower pumps in their loft space, so can i put mine there aswell?

Sponsored Links
if your instuctions say it shouldn't be their then you shouldnt install it their, you could try ringing the tech support and see what they suggest, 2 meters is quite a lot though, on pumps ive used it's usually about 300mm below the tank

thats what i was thinking, just wondered whether the 2 metres was part of a guarantee thing maybe. would it still work?

IT might do for a while, but could get air locks over time, and it will void your warrenty if the pump actually becomes faulty if its not been installed properly.

Sponsored Links
If you really want a pump in the loft you may have more luck with a negative head will be more expensive though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back