Power shower temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water temperature of my power shower is becoming increasingly high as the weather warms up - it must be to do with the cold water tank in the loft becoming warmer. So much so that in the summer it is almost too hot to take a shower even with the temperature knob turned to the minimum. Is there any way to adjust the temperature? I can't turn the hot water temperature too far down since there is a set minumum temperature (about 53 C or so) do do with bacteria growing in the hot water cyllinder.

Sponsored Links
On the pump it says Watermill, model PR35D. On the shower itself there is no indication of make/model.

On the pump it says Watermill, model PR35D. On the shower itself there is no indication of make/model.
That's a Grundfos pump, but the info does not really help. Do you know if the shower is thermostatically controlled?

A pic of the shower control will help identify it.

Sponsored Links
If it’s a thermostatic shower valve you have, there may be fault with the valve but you should really have a Thermostatic Mixer/Control Valve (TM/CV) fitted on the main HW tank feed before the pump, preferably an adjustable one. This regulates the maximum temperature of the incoming hot water supply & many pump manufacturers recommend you fit one. You could also seriously damage a composite (plastic) pump if the HW temperature regularly exceeds 65 degrees C. It's good practice to fit a TMV & I believe they are now a Building Regs requirement on new HW systems to prevent risk of scalding.

Thanks chaps, i sorted it out by switching the tap of the hot water pipe coming into the shower off then turrning it on only about about half a spin, so there's less hot water combining with the cold one. It'll go it for now. In the winder I'll open the tap more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back