Shower temperature adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently replaced an Aqualisa Aspire DL shower with a new unit on a like for like basis. The new unit does not deliver the same hot water temperature as my old unit and I would like it to be warmer. The unit is a mixer shower block connected to a combination boiler. I see in the instruction booklet that the temperature can be increased by adjusting the maximum temperature ring (I assume anti-clockwise) until the desired temperature is reached. If I were to remove the ring altogether I am guessing that I would have total control over the water temperature - or would i be risking having the water too hot and it being potentially dangerous. I can control the temperature of the water from the comb-boiler. I do not need too much more heat but it would be pleasant to get the option to turn the shower down rather than operating, as at the moment, at full heat and wanting some warmer water!

Any information about making adjustments would be gratefully received

Thank you
David

Sponsored Links
No, in order for the thermostatic cartridge to operate properly you must have the combi boiler water temperature set to at least 15 degrees above the shower blended temperature...so set it to 60 to 65 degrees.
Adjust the shower valve temperature stop to suit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back