Power Steering problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya just wondering if anyone could help me ??
I brought a corsa last week its a 1.2 N Reg when i brought it the steering was really heavy and could hardly move it i put some air in my two front tyres and the steering got a bit better more easier for me anyway, my dash board got taken out the other day because my speedo was jumping since then i have found more problems with electrics stuff like that and just wondering if my car could of had power steering as my steering wheel has got soo light thought it may have something to do with the electrics does anyone have a clue how to find out if it had power steering before i got the car and might of got nocked of by dodgy electrics im just really confused ?? can anyone help !!!

Sponsored Links
I think yours has an electric column corsa b If it is fitted
If you are having electrical issues to steering may not work If the voltage drops it turns off
If you look under shroud road the column in the car you'd see a motor and ecu there

Take it back, and get it fixed, there is an obvious fault.

This is a common problem that is still evident in the Meriva's.
The EPS (electric power steer) column is buggered more than likely.

We paid £1300 to have a new rack and column put in our 2005 Meriva.

Even a non PAS car is relatively easy to turn. When the EPS goes it's a pain in the arse. Near impossible to move without 2 hands.

Take it back and moan to whoever you bought it off.

Sponsored Links
This is a common problem that is still evident in the Meriva's.
The EPS (electric power steer) column is b*****r more than likely.

We paid £1300 to have a new rack and column put in our 2005 Meriva.

Even a non PAS car is relatively easy to turn. When the EPS goes it's a pain in the a**e. Near impossible to move without 2 hands.

Take it back and moan to whoever you bought it off.
Not the same problem as the Meriva
Completely different set up between Corsa and Meriva.
The Meriva is more like a Fiat Punto ( same sensor that goes faulty)

Trouble is in the oldern days lol of normal PAS the pumps worn out and leaked but the deterioration in performance was not noticeable. But as you have a pump running all the time the uses more fuel so in the quest for fuel economy most manufactures now use Electric steering which when the fails it all or nothing

all good stuff but do you put stop leak in when engine is hot or cold do you put it in and drive or put it in and leave over night

Back