Power Washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be in the market for a power washer after Christmas at some point.

Never owned one before but the Karchers seem to be the industry dominating name with their K Series.

Can anyone give any advice or recommendations to a power washing newbie, I want something that's going to be man enough to jet wash old dirty concrete and paving but is there anything else I should be conscious of or look out for?

Specific accessories which are musts or minimum flow / bar levels.

It doesn't need to be Karcher, I was comparing the specs of the equivalent Karcher and MacAllister units and it seemed like you were getting way more bang for your buck with the B&Q home brand but is this a false economy and can it hang with the more expensive brands?

If I get one it'll be around the £300 mark... is this enough to get a decent quality washer that can tackle the majority of household tasks?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Nilfisk with a car spray nozzle. Range from £150 upwards depending on your wallet. Had mine for at least 6 years and just now thinking about a replacement. I have the C120. Cleans the drive, patio, bins etc. Snow foam attachment for the car, spares readily available and lasted longer than my previous karcher.

Had a Karcher for 20 years (the same one), have just replaced it with a Karcher K4. Use it for cleaning cars, patio slabs, concrete footpaths. If you want to clean concrete paths/drives then an accessory similar to a Karcher T-Racer minimises the amount of muck that gets spread about. If you just jet wash using a lance the muck off the concrete ends up on your walls, windows and fences. That is the only accessory that I wouldn't want to manage without. A long high pressure hose between the pump and the lance minimises the number of times that you need to reposition the jet washer. I didn't look around for alternative makes because I am a bit locked in to the Karcher system as I have several accessories which fit that make.

Thanks lads, so I should think of it in terms of a power tool platform where the original bit of kit you buy will lock you into an system for accessories.

Is the Karcher K5 a decent washer then and what’s the equivalent Nilfisk washer?

Sponsored Links
Thanks lads, so I should think of it in terms of a power tool platform where the original bit of kit you buy will lock you into an system for accessories.

Is the Karcher K5 a decent washer then and what’s the equivalent Nilfisk washer?

You can get universal attachments and couplers to suit the various fittings

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back