powerflush advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im wondering about the powerflush procedure. on a system with a y plan system how do you isolate the dhw circuit and the ch circuits seperately for flushing?

my question may sound thick but hopefully somone may help me out.

Sponsored Links
how do i controll it, with the programmer?

how do i ensure it hasnt gone to midpoint which would not give full flow to ch or dhw ?

sorry for silly questions but i just want to understand my system

how do i controll it, with the programmer?
can do.

how do i ensure it hasnt gone to midpoint which would not give full flow to ch or dhw ?

switch heating on hw off then the hw port is closed.
turn heating off then the valve is held in last position. heating.

same when you flush hw primaries call for hw and heating off. etc
or isolate the mains power to the heating system
that puts the valve in hw port open heating closed.

you can tell if its in mid position or heating only the lever on the end will be floppy.

Sponsored Links
what so if its in heating position or mid position the lever will be floppy. is there a way to tell which one its in?

Don't expect miracles from it. Like many things, the machine itself is just a tool, if you don't know how to use it, you could be lucky, or not get a good result, or even do more harm than good.

well i should get decent results cos i dont care how long it takes, even if it takes me 2 days

U will need a bung

This will stop the water from ****ing out of your attic!

U will need a bung

This will stop the water from p******g out of your attic!

are bungs ok for pflushing, i wasnt sure if the pressure would push them off. i was going to isolate cold feed and cap the vent off

I would not trust a bung, especially not if the machine is capable of pulsing/reversing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back