Powermax 155 Blending Valve

Hi, I have a powermax 155. The hot water runs hot for a short while when the tap is turned on the it gets luke warm. I have read in the forum in different threads that it might be the blending valve. I located a medium size 't' valve with a black top that has calcium deposits on it and at each side of the t where the valve meets the pipes. This valve sits towards the top in front of the cylinder after I removed the front access panel. Is this the blending valve that needs replacing ? It looks daunting to replace, it loos like I'll have to drain the hot water cylinder and shut the water mains before I start to do any work. Any advise is welcome luke3917

Sponsored Links
I have read the initial thread post by Kevindgas. I think i know what steps to remove the blending valve on my powermax 155. I hope this is the luke warm water problem I have.

Well, it was the blending valve as initially suggested. I had boiler cover with British gas, but I was not sure if parts were covered. Gave them a call- all is covered was the answer. Engineer came, young chap. I discussed my observations and he politely listened. I left him alone after 20 mins, he popped out to his van only to come back about 10 to 15 mins. He has been to Poterton who suggested the blending valve to be replaced first. He did not have the part so he had to come back in 2 days. Took him about 1 hr more or less, and the water was hot after that. I had to cal him back the same day as the fittting was leaking. He had to use tape and glue/paste to stop it. Glad this is dusted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back