Powermax 155x - No Display on Clock/Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a new flat and it is fitted with a Powermax 155x boiler. The boiler works fine in 'Constant' mode and the water heats up. However, there is nothing displayed on the LCD so I'm unable to set any times - the buttons don't appear to do anything and there are no lights on above HW or CH.

As usual there is no manual.

any ideas?

cheers
Marc

Sponsored Links
I was once told that pressing two buttons simultaneously can reset the clock but can't remember which ones. Swapping these awful programmers out is getting to be a bit of a hobby for me and they aren't the cheapest things in the world either.

I assume that there is not a pinhole reset button on the clock unit?

If the property has been unoccupied for a while and the boiler has been switched off at the mains then its just possible that the backup battery is very old and it might come on after its been powered for a day or so.

Otherwise a replacement clock might be necessary. Probably about £55 or more for the part.

Tony

Thanks for the replies!

I'll keep an eye on to see if it comes on and I'll have a look for a reset button.

If I had to get a new clock, would I be able to fit it myself or would I need a boiler person or an electrician?

thanks
Marc

Sponsored Links
It may at some point be usefuyl to know the servicing instructions are at partsarena.com/baxi, though there are only a couple of snippets about the programmer:

a On programmer model, set the 3-way-switch to TIMED and commission the programmer by moving the slider switch (accessible behind the switch panel) to the right.

&

switch on the programmer battery by moving the slider switch on rear of programmer body to the right (when facing appliance).

Note: The programmer is fitted with a long-life lithium battery, which should only be replaced by suitably qualified personnel. A discharged battery should be disposed of through a registered professional agency for waste material.

Partscenter Selected Product:481422
Description PMAX P458 HORSTMAN CLOCK
135,155,185 378796

Price
(Excluding VAT and quantity discounts) £100.92

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back