Powermax 155x HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I've just moved into my new house only to discover i have no heating or hot water! The powermax 155x is the boiler in question. The orange light is on showing mains power but that's it! No green or red light and more importantly no display whatsoever! The previous owners havent lived in the property for over a year incase that's relevant. Any advice on who to call, what to do, how much it might cost would be very helpful

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
These boilers have potential safety issues and its best to call HeatTeam who are the makers service devision. Probably about £220 fixed price.

About all you could do might be to set the system pressure to 1.5 Bar if its at zero.

It might be something simple but few engineers are comfortable with them after a british Gas engineer made a mistake and somebody wasa killed.

You might be able to get a local engineer to come out to it but make sure they are familir with it and give a no fix-no fee basis.

Tony

do you have any external controls? if so are they calling for heat, ie turned on.

No i havent managed to find any external controls, i initially looked for some as i thought there might be something overriding the built in display.

Sponsored Links
The programmer will be dead. Common problem.

Chances are that the boiler is in need of a good overhaul. Take agiles advie and contact heatteam for a fixed price repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back