Powermax 155x - newbie question?

ok andy, looking around the site this morning there is not a lot of work going on, ive got one aps to fit today, thats it :cry:

Sponsored Links
if you have a voltmeter you can measure the input voltage in your room thermostat anything under 230 v = boiler timer/programmer is not supplying correct voltage.
dim heating neon light usually suggest timer/programmer is shot,i linked out my timer/programmer and just used the room thermostat to switch on/off the heating.

No. The point Dan was trying to make was that if the fuse was greater than 3 amp then it wouldn't have given the boiler electronics fast enough protection when your toaster spiked the mains.

A normal 3 amp fuse will do, but just replacing this won't cure your fault!

Is there a reset button that can be operated, probably with a pen nib or pin, before you replace the programmer?

The 3 amp fuses in the fso is to protect the cable tothe appliance from meltdown & not to protect the boiler in any way. The board will have its own protection in the way of 2 amp (to protect the 240v stuff running off the board) and a 200mamp to protect the electronics. The board fuses are usually fast blow - the 3 amp in the FSO is a very slow blow & will not be bothered about spikes ( otherwise all your 3 amp fuses will blow every time there is a surge) these fuses (BS1361 from memory) are designed to take much higher loads tfor short periods to stop them blowing.

These programmers will often give up the ghost after a power off and on, but can still be repaired.
It isn't that the mains has been 'spiked' but it is the programmers inability, after time, to stand being turned off and on.

andytw

Sponsored Links
Used andy to repair my programmer, top service.

All working great again. and saved me a few quid rather than buying a new one.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back