powermax 185 poss fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a 5 yr old house and it has a powermax 185 range boiler.
The housing association has no manual for it and the previous tenants didnt leave any for us.
On monday it locked out, so an engineer came out and has cleaned the electrode and is coming next week to replace it.
we have also noticed that the rads get very hot, and we get about 30 secs of hot water.
The settings that it is on atm is HW and CH set to 24hrs and the button on the left is set to timed.
Do we have it set up wrong? I have looked online and cannot find a user manual, can only find installation/service manual. Can anyone help please.
There are 7 of us and cannot have a bath, only strip wash.

Sponsored Links
On monday it locked out, so an engineer came out and has cleaned the electrode and is coming next week to replace it.

Thats the problem with Housing Associations! They employ such poor quality heating contractors that cannot diagnose faults properly and do not give the quick efficient service that a private customer would insist on.

Coming a week later and leaving the system not working properly is totally unacceptable to any property owner.

HAs do have a complaints procedure and yoyu should make a formal complaint to them for the poor service you have received including not providing a user manual.

Only by repeated complaints will you get the service improved. When you get nowhere write directly to each one of the trustees. That will eventually get something done!

Tony

Sponsored Links
the engineer was really good, he diagnosed the fault really quick, he has cleaned the electrode and refitted it. And is ordering a new one as a safe sure to make sure it dont stop working again.
We have ch, that works fine,

my question is could this fault effect the hw, if not then could i have it on the wrong settings?
ie with this system being new to me i dont know how to correctly set it up.
Does anyone know of a link, so that I know it is on the correct settings.
I have already complained to the HA that I believe it isnt working correctly.

It will go on to heat the tank then stop eventually when up to temp, when you run off water will come back on.
thank you. when i out it on hw constant the green light does not come on. then if i run the hot tap i get about 30secs maybe a couple of mins hw then it goes cold. so could this be a fault? if so then i need to call out the out of hours maintenance to come and sort it as we cant be without hw with 7 of us.

hey guys if you are about. I have had the hw switch to constant and get about 2 mins of hot water, then it goes lukewarm.

I dont understand this boiller system, shouldnt you get hot water as soon as you turn the hot tap on, or does it have a cylinder to store the hot water?
i stil cant find a user/instruction manual on how to set this system up. Ie how to set the timer, i cant seem to work it out.

ok no worries i called out the emergency team, and they have just been and it needs a blending valve. guess what, they cant fix it today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back