ppllssee help???? Ravenheat LS80/100 Silver Star

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plse help.

The above gave hot water out when only bath taps turned on (22mm), bathroom sink and kitchen sink (both 15mm) were nightmares getting hot water.- just not firing up at all.

Had to turn on ch to get hot water- even so with bath sometime??!!!

Now got no hot water at all-and even with ch switched on its only going luke warm-then cold-luke warm-then cold-etc-etc,,. :evil: :evil: :evil:

By looking on this forum (which is very informative:cool: ) It sounds like the diverter valve needs replacing. Could anyone confirm this or could it possibly be anything else?

If so where can I order the partfor peanuts as bit rushed dueto wife about to pop in 2 weeks.

Thank You :?: :eek: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Don't cheer too soon. Can't find a reference for a diaphragm alone.
It looks fromt he sketch on the parts diag the same as the diverter (and hence diaphragm) that the Alpha CB24 etc uses. You CAN get a diaphragm kit for that, but you need someone to verify its the same part first. I've not changed one on your boiler..

Sponsored Links
Isn't the diverter valve a standard Giannoni type? Diaphragms are easily available for that, although the whole diverter valve can be quite cheap.

No ChrisH - look at the manual! I see 4 screws holding the diaphragm housing together not 8, and there's what looks like a clip on flow switch.

Not a great pic in the manual -have found another (87) which looks like the common type though. :rolleyes:

The diaphragm itself would actually be the same, but it would have to be removed from the spindle it comes on cos that's different if it's the alpha type.

The manual I looked at was for the Little Star, which is the non-B&Q version (slightly better spec). The diverter valve diagram (89, page 41) looks like it has 8 screws to housing. In any case the connections are all ½" or ¾" threaded so a Giannoni (if correct orientation) should be interchangeable.

Met a guy this morning SINCE the above post with an LS80T. His Manual shows the alpha type in the parts list though the commoner one earlier, but he's sure there's clip on top of the DV. :confused:

Rob - have a look at yours, has it got a white clip on top!!?

ChrisR said:
Met a guy this morning SINCE the above post with an LS80T. His Manual shows the alpha type in the parts list though the commoner one earlier, but he's sure there's clip on top of the DV. :confused:

Rob - have a look at yours, has it got a white clip on top!!?

Mine is a LS100T on top of the diverter there is a black (sort of) circlip with a type of sensor or micrositch on top with a blue and a brown wires going in. When this clip is touched slghtly the boiler seems to fire up and if held I get hot water!!! :eek:

could this be a faulty connection or wiouldthis have anything to do inside the valve? :eek:

Thanks so far.

Rob

No what you doing is activating the switch by lifting it. The diaphragm is supposed to do this by moving a rod inside. You may get HW but find your rads also heat up when doing this!

so am i right in saying this is more likely to be a diapragm replacement as at the minute the ch and hot water hardley have any temp to them?

ChrisR said:
No ChrisH - look at the manual! I see 4 screws holding the diaphragm housing together not 8, and there's what looks like a clip on flow switch.

Not a great pic in the manual -have found another (87) which looks like the common type though. :rolleyes:

The diaphragm itself would actually be the same, but it would have to be removed from the spindle it comes on cos that's different if it's the alpha type.

Mine does have 4 screws holding the housing together and yes it has what looks likea flow switch- Any one any ideas what specific diaphragm I could get to fit?

(make things easier anyone fancy a trade swop- if you live near liverpool i will plaster a room and youcan fix my boiler?!!) :p

White clip, black clip - well I was only a bit wrong :D

It sounds like the alpha diverter then, for which the sensible thing to buy would be
ALPHA CB24 3.013389 DIAPHRAGM KIT
which will cost you about £25

The clip switch went through an unreliable phase too, about same cost. If you search on CB24 you'll find plenty. Try a search looknig for cat , dog and bird.

Found a local place that sells it all- Thanks for all your help guys.
Will keep you updated when i mess it all up!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back