Pre Cast concrete junction boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody know a good PCC junction box supplier? Recessed lid, to go in floor, 1000mm wide x 300mm deep x 400mm high.

Could use Plastic - any suggestions?

Many thanks,

James.

Sponsored Links
Hi Blagard,

Building a new extension an a raft butting upto existing house, currently CH pipework tails below ffl. Box is for CH Pipework to continue CH system from and possibly electrical services to run in ducts through raft.

James

You may find that a duct system will suit your needs as they come with "junction box" to access the services in them at either junctions or changes of direction. So I guess google "service ducts" perhaps screed ducts. Even the junction box on it's own may do. I'm doubtful you will get one of your size tho! That seems more like a BT chamber so google "duct chamber" for some bigger stuff.

Sponsored Links
Hey up Blagard,

I cant find anything suitable on google.

Basically in the photo, the raft will have a FFL above the course of bricks above the airbrick. I need to access the C/H connections after the raft has been poured to continue the system, so I was looking for a box to go in the floor that would cover these, presumably with an opening lid.
Other wise might have to make something!

Cheers

James.

Ah! I think I see what you are trying to do.

If it will be poured concrete around the area you want to access this is a good case for some formwork and perhaps a local thickening in the slab.

For formwork you need to think about demolition of it after. A plywood three sided box lightly nailed together and a batten around the outside (to suit your rebate for lid (unless lid can go in a screed or floor finish later).
Brace the insides of the box to maintain shape against the concrete. After the concrete is set, knock out the braces and lever out the ply side (easier if it was lightly nailed!). Your lid need only be a rectangle of ply
Pour concrete to lower level before placing your box on it then keep an eye on it as you concrete around.

Alternatively use a block of polystyrene to form your box with a battern around if needed for rebate formation. Load up the box with bricks to help keep it in place. Dig out polystyrene when concrete set.

Last option, place the DPM or at least plenty to lap onto. lay a brick wall around to suit, let it set then concrete up to it. Set top of brick to suit the lid if you want even cast with a lid in place (wrap in a bit of DPM to facilitate release).

I hope that vent is redundant. If a timber floor the otherside your need to maintain ventilation or you risk creating a serious problem on the old floor.

Only concrete ones are generally the sewer rings.

Telecomms companies use plastic formers for their boxes, all sorts of sizes, and costs. BT still don;t understand why their choice of plastic chamber was the same price as a re-enforced concrete chamber - cost of plastic rings outweighed the labour saving.

The plastic former is all about deskilling and saving labour cost.

e.g. http://www.carsoneurope.com/documentbank/uploads/Joint Box Series.pdf

For a one off in conctrete just shutter it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back