Premier 24 Alarm System with Texecom Speech Dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally got everything working OK, on a separate note is it possible to programme comms 2 or 4 to send a voice & text message when mains power fails, this happened yesterday, the alarm is fed via a 3 amp RCD which tripped via the main breaker which also tripped ring main feeding fridge, freezer, router etc. If it is possible it would be great as I could monitor these as well. Great for when we are on holiday.

I have purchased 2 smoke alarms which will use Comm 1

Alarm activated is on Comm 3

Sponsored Links
I really don't want to sound funny here, but even trying to read the manual and then asking when finding it difficult would be nice.
This is exactly why Tech support get "arsey" with people on the phone.
They have a little name for this its RTFM Read The Fu@@ing Manual.

Seriously you seem to have attempted this with little effort on your behalf.

Page 55, Outputs 01 mains fail
Then page 58 , 53 Fault present.
Page 59 L

So 01+53+L

Output Group + Output Type + Output Attributes
= Output Programmed.

And no, not in a bad mood, got out of bed the right side.

LOL

Nah its just than even a slight effort made would be nice.

Sponsored Links
I really don't want to sound funny here, but even trying to read the manual and then asking when finding it difficult would be nice.
This is exactly why Tech support get "arsey" with people on the phone.
They have a little name for this its RTFM Read The Fu@@ing Manual.

Seriously you seem to have attempted this with little effort on your behalf.

Page 55, Outputs 01 mains fail
Then page 58 , 53 Fault present.
Page 59 L

So 01+53+L

= Output Programmed.

And no, not in a bad mood, got out of bed the right side.

Done the manual thing and have configured Panel Output 4 and Comm output 4 to AC Mains Off. Set the attribute to User test. So far so good, I have configured speech dialler input 4 for AC Mains, run test all OK
Run User test on Panel comm 4 all works.

Now when I turn the power off nothing happens? Why, read manual from cover to cover but struggling?

Attributes should it be Inverted? Should I select Latched? Should I select Pulse

User test is a bit of a clue.

And not only is it in the manual I have written down the programming for you.

You taking the **** or ****ed?

User test is a bit of a clue.

And not only is it in the manual I have written down the programming for you.

You taking the p**s or p****d?

Page 55 Is Program Digi (Don't have one)

Page 58 Digi Options (Don't have one)

Page 53 (Not sure which bit you are referring to?)

Page 59 (Page 59 refers to UDL? don't have one)

I am using Premier 24 Installation Manual Issue 2, Are we singing from the same hymn sheet?

Premier 24 Issue 3

Either way its still under OUTPUTS, bit of a clue in the title.

Premier 24 Issue 3

Either way its still under OUTPUTS, bit of a clue in the title.

Mate obviously you know your stuff, me on the other hand I just like to take on board challenges, I am doing my best, and would welcome constructive advice.

I am a fully qualified Health & Safety Safety Advisor, so I could probably loose you in this field, however if I am asked for advice I try to be as helpful as possible.

Unlike others???????? what is it like to be so perfect?

So 01+53+L

= Output Programmed.

I really cannot be any clearer.

You have left it on User test attribute, so when the mains is removed it does nothing as you have found out.

01 = mains fail
53 = Fault ( including mains fail)
L = Latching

You have L as U.

You have been given this a few times now, I cannot be any more constructive. If you repeated yourself 3 or 4 times .......................

So 01+53+L

= Output Programmed.

I really cannot be any clearer.

You have left it on User test attribute, so when the mains is removed it does nothing as you have found out.

01 = mains fail
53 = Fault ( including mains fail)
L = Latching

You have L as U.

You have been given this a few times now, I cannot be any more constructive. If you repeated yourself 3 or 4 times .......................

Thanks for your help I got there in the end, I had to change the attributes to Inverted & Pulse, I have tried turning the power off a few times and it has worked every time. Do the settings sound OK to you?

If I can help you at any time please do not hesitate, email address in profile

Cannot see why they needed inverting unless something was changed before. As its all set to a 0v trigger from factory AFAIK.
Same for pulse really. That defaults @ 10 seconds "activation" So a latched "attribute" should trip the dialler anyway.

So in theory no that does not sound right to me.

However it now works. So changes were probably made.
Have you checked the other outputs still correctly operate?

Your kind offer is appreciated.

hi dave the premier has a mains off delay see page 29 GLOBAL OPTIONS- SYSTEM TIMERS NO 9 set at 30 mins you need to alter this to required setting, the option number may be different depending on what software version you have. i normally set it at 1 min for testing .

hi dave forgot to say you need to set your ouput back to normal as per the others, thats why it didnt work due the 30 min delay

hi dave forgot to say you need to set your ouput back to normal as per the others, thats why it didnt work due the 30 min delay

Thanks for that I tried it again this morning and nothing, must have been the timer. I will change it for testing as suggested.

Can you confirm the attributes (I have changed them so many times not sure which settings work) I think they should be

User No

Inverted No

Latched Yes

Pulse No

PS Regarding the 6210 Idea _ I now have the Phone, waiting for my o2 Sim Card to be delivered, managed to get a DLR-3P Cable off Ebay, when it all comes. I will nip over to Alert and Purchase the Comms Cable.

Then it is all systems go.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back