Premier 24 Bellbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm contemplating installing a Texecom Premier24 based alarm system in my home, however I need to find out if it has the functionality to sound the bellbox once when the alarm has been set.

Our current system lets out a short beep once the alarm has been correctly set, this way we don't have to wait around at the door to hear if it's been set or not. Could anyone tell me if the Premier 24 panel can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
No, the premier will sound the bell for 10 seconds if it fails to arm. It the system sets properly, there is no option to make the sounder skwark.

The bleep you get on setting the alarm is only available on the Novagard range of sounders from Risco, never seen it on any other sounders. It's not something you can do via the panel.

You can program the panel to flash the strobe for 5 seconds on completion of setting, or better still, do away with the time delay altogether and program the panel to set when the panel sees the front door open (you leaving) and then close.

Thanks for the advice. I think the 10 second alarm on failing to arm is sufficient enough for my needs. Although I may look into the immediate arm feature.

Sponsored Links
You could put in a push to set button.

You arm the system as normal, leave the house, and when you are happy and have locked the door, press the button.

This will instantly arm the system, so you are not waiting around for the exit timer to finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back