Premier Elite - Firing a panel output from one of two sources

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my (GJD) Floodlights wired up to the relay on the panel (output 5) and have set it such that in an Alarm condition they will turn on. However, I'd like to be able to also control this output (i.e. turn floodlights on/off) from the Mobile Connect App. I've worked out how to get PC Output 1 to fire from the app, and can assign this to Panel Output 5 however there seems to be only the ability (in Wintex software) to assign one or the other to the panel outputs, i.e. Area -> Alarm OR PC output -> Output 1 but not both.

Any Suggestions on how this can be done programatically to avoid without rigging up a second relay to an additional panel output ?

Sponsored Links
Best bet is probably via one of the custom outputs (see screenshot) Stage 1 and 2 are OR outputs, so either the PC control or Area A alarm conditions will trigger stage A (program output 5 on your panel as Custom 1 Stage A)

You might have to play around with the invert attributes on Stage 1 and 2 if it doesn't play at first, but should work OK without.

Attachments

• Wintex.png
    Wintex.png
    28 KB · Views: 220
That worked an absolute treat and also answered my question (on another thread) about what the custom outputs could be used for. The GJD floodlight system actually has 2 channels for front and rear of the house so using a relay card, £8 for an 8 relay card on ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5V-or-12...el-Optocoupler-Module-Arduino-PI/263560749851)
I hooked this card up to two panel Outputs which are then triggered using Custom Output 1 (using stage A for front lights and Stage B for Rear) with the OR condition used for Alarm or Mobile App input (PC Output 1). Then one Panel Output uses System>Custom Stage A and the Other System>Custom Stage B

The inverts were needed on a couple of the 'switches' which were set to type 'not used' to give it the permanent 'on' state.

I've also used Custom Output 2 to control two electric Garage Doors again from the Texecom Connect Phone App, again Stage A and B, but this time each route (A and B) only fire if the house is NOT Alarmed, also works great ! (The alternative would have been a £150 gateway from Hormann which would not been able to check if the alarm was armed!)

Thanks Very much, you're a star !

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back