Prep underneath Hardibacker...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am tiling a wooden floor in my bathroom (joist span 40mm, board thickness 16mm - small 2m squared area). I am putting down 6mm Hardibacker boards in preparation for waterproof matting and tiles with bal rapidset flexible.

My local topps tiles told me to simply screw the board down to the floorboards with the special screws but the manufacturers instructions say to 'Apply a supporting bed of mortar or modified thinset to subfloor using a 1/4" square-notched trowel.' What is the general concensus on this mortar bed? Can i just use the bal rapidset flexible adhesive (not sure if this is classed as a mortar or modified thinset) or would i need to use something different?

Thanks in advance, any advice welcomed,

Joel.

Sponsored Links
screw boards down(no deflection)...prime boards with a sbr follow mfr inst..for mix ratio.

set/cut boards"staggered" postions.

then use a flexiable floor adhesive,onto boards spread with a 6mm serator,"thinset"..
then set boards out(brick affect)..
screw down.
fix tiles with flexxy addy,
leave to set, 3hrs if rapidset or 16hrs with single part flex.
then grout...wash..polish....

jobs a good one... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back