Prep work for new Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, having just bought a 20 year old house in need of a new kitchen, I am doing a lot of the work myself,

I realise that I will need the electrics certified, and will use an electrician for the job and will notify LBC..

However, I would like to cut costs a little by doing the donkey work ahead of the sparky, so he basically just needs to pull through wires and connect up, not spend hours chasing walls etc.. (First fix?) Some of the walls are going to be replastered, so I'd like to get all the stuff in before this..

So, If this sounds OK, I'd appreciate some advice on exactly what to use..

Above the worktop I will have 3 double sockets installed into a drylined external wall and 2 double sockets installed in a stud partition, I'll also have a fused spur for a low level sockets for a dishwasher..

So can someone give me advice on what to use/installation of the backboxes/channelling(or conduit?) in the drylined walls? and the same for the stud wall??

As a note.. The drylined plasterboard is dot/dabbed 40-50mm off the wall, in the rest of the house they used 35mm Galvanised back boxes and pvc channel under the plasterboard..

Sponsored Links
For the dishwasher socket, use a 20A Double Pole Switch above the worktop, to switch a unswitched single socket, under the worktop.

Have the DP Switch as part of the ring circuit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back