Prescott as Prime Minister?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How would anybody else feel about this?

I think he is more down to earth and read somebody else's comment that he certainly has the guts for the job.

Sponsored Links
now that he's retired, he is free to admit that he's just an ordinary man, doing his best, with weaknesses and imperfections.

the people still at the top pretend they're superhuman.

that dreadful Thatcher woman would never admit to a failing, even after she'd been booted out.

Sponsored Links
At least maggie was leader, the only I've known in my life time.

Why not? For a man to have risen from the fairly humble ranks of a seagoing ships steward, to the high offices which he has held, must mean that he has the capability which, I am sure, is coupled with that all important compassion for those, whose voices, not many years ago, would not have been heard because of the iniquitous "class" system. The rights and privileges which we enjoy today, only came about because people of his type wanted to improve the lot of their fellow men. High political office used to be the prerogative of the old Etonian,or those with the money to buy power and position but, in my opinion, a man, or woman, schooled in the world of hard knocks and hard work, has the same, if not more, right to be considered for those high offices, and which require much more humility and humanity than the humbug which usually accompanies them.

Maggie Thatcher what a horrible woman and terrible PM

Without Maggie clobbering the Unions New Labour would never exist.

Because, as someone has already mentioned, he's a bumbling, cheating, deceiptful, fool.

For a man to have risen from the fairly humble ranks of a seagoing ships steward, to the high offices which he has held...
He was sacked from that office, which in my book negates any potential credit due to him for getting there in the first place.

...must mean that he has the capability...
Nonsense. Have you not heard of the Peter Principle?

...which, I am sure, is coupled with that all important compassion for those, whose voices, not many years ago, would not have been heard because of the iniquitous "class" system.
What absolute claptrap. You're deluding yourself.

The very woman whom everyone on this topic appears to despise did more to promote a classless entrepreneurial meritocracy that any other leader, and The Labour Party (with exception of its "New" incarnation) has always given power to the working class.

The rights and privileges which we enjoy today, only came about because people of his type wanted to improve the lot of their fellow men.
Oh really. I can hardly wait for you to justify that stupid opinion.

Leaving aside the fact that John Prescott has displayed no desire to improve anyone's lot other than his own, have you heard of the Second World War? Have you heard of Alan Turing and Tommy Flowers? Between them they saved the country in a way that no government cabinet could ever achieve, even if you had twenty John Prescotts and a reinforced floor, so if you want to talk about contribution to today's rights and privileges then put down The Ladybird Book of Politics and pick up some history books.

High political office used to be the prerogative of the old Etonian,or those with the money to buy power and position but, in my opinion, a man, or woman, schooled in the world of hard knocks and hard work, has the same, if not more, right to be considered for those high offices, and which require much more humility and humanity than the humbug which usually accompanies them.
Enoch Powell, Harold Wilson, Ted Heath, Tony Benn... some of the most brilliant minds in UK politics, and none of them went to Eton.

I cannot think of any post I've ever seen on the forum, even including Slogger's racist caveman rants, with which I've disagreed more, and which I've believed contains nothing but pointless and misleading hot air.

In case you hadn't realised Watchmaker ... Softus doesn't agree with you :LOL: :LOL:

The very woman whom everyone on this topic appears to despise did more to promote a classless entrepreneurial meritocracy that any other leader.

What this country needs is another Margaret Thatcher, someone with balls, unlike our present self serving incumbents.

There's no such thing, one mutant per century is all nature can produce.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back