Pressure changing with temperature Worcester Bosch 24i Green

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Ive been asked to post on here by my father.
Im a single parent on minimum wage and have a problem with my central heating and my children are suffering!
Ive heard so many scare stories about being ripped off so my father told me to ask on here for advice.

Im going to call an engineer in so want to know what the problem MIGHT be!

My boiler has been working for 7 years fine with central heating temp set at Max.

when I turned it on this year the pressure went to 3 on pressure gauge and then zero when it turned itself off.

I got a friend to put more pressure in so the boiler would work.

When I turned the central heating temperature down to 3 the pressure went upto 1 3/4 but down to 1 when off
When turned upto 4 pressure runs at 2 but down to 1 when off
When turned upto 5 pressure runs at 2 1/2 but down to 1 when off

Radiators still hot on all settings

Is this a fault or can I continue to run boiler at lower temperature

If you can see a fault, how much approximately will it cost to repair

Also the boiler is due a service, will this situation cause the boiler to fail its service?

Any help much appreciated?

Linda

Sponsored Links
when you book the service tell the guy/gal whats been happening. they will check/recharge your expansion vessel as part of the service

Im a single parent on minimum wage and have a problem with my central heating and my children are suffering!
Ive heard so many scare stories about being ripped off so my father told me to ask on here for advice.

Good to see your technical point was answered but what relevance has any of the above to anyone on this forum? In any case if you make a habit of advertising yourself as skint, it's more likely no-one will serve you, let alone rip you off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back