Pressure cleaner can be used to clean mortar off bricks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone successfully used a domestic pressure cleaner to clean excess mortar from bricks on a new wall?

Our extension looks great but the pointing mortar is also on the bricks in many places and looks unsightly.

I've read in several places that using the correct brick acid works along with lots of manual labour - but there is so much new brickwork on our house it would take me weeks with the spare time I have.

I was wondering if something like a karcher K380MD or similar might do the trick?

Kenny

Sponsored Links
Using a pressure washer can also cause severe efflourescence. Brisk acid is the best.

Thanks guys - brick acid with a brush then, looks like I should regard it as a never ending job

Sponsored Links
Who did the brickwork? get him /her to clean it!

Edited for equality

Once the acid's been on, I try scraping the mortar off the brick face before using a brush.

Just using a stiff brush ends up taking out the mortar you don't want to damage.

old trick my father taught me is wet the bricks and then rub them with a brick. works a treat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back