Pressure Equalising Valve - Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum so if my question has been covered before, please let me know of the relevant archive.

I have a dilema, i'm refurbing my bathroom and can't decide whether to have a plumber fit a thermostatic shower or a mixer shower. I live in a hard water area and was told by a diy enthusiast friend that i could save money by fitting a mixer shower with a Pressure Equalising Valve and this will perform the same functions i.e no loss in preessure and still look quite good.

Anyone fitted one of these and know of the pros/cons?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
sorry that would help wouldn't it .

its all coming from a combi boiler (Ariston) which was installed a year ago there isn't a water tank in the loft (live on the top floor of a maisonette).

thanks

Jordan

If you have a decent flow from your hot water there is no reason why a thermostatic shower should give you any problems.
I have fitted one to my Valliant combi and am very pleased :)

Sponsored Links
Top floor - alarm bells if you're all sharing the same water main. Combis can all give pproblems with thermo valves if the flow is limited at all - eg if other taps are open. A pressure balanced mixer is safer (Mira do one), and a non-thermostatic one is cheaper but temps can fluctuate rather a lot!

Top floor - alarm bells if you're all sharing the same water main.

i don't think we are, only because i have an internal tap to shut off my water supply which i have used a few times and this doesn't affect them on the floor below.

However if this doesn't necessarily mean we are on separate water mains then is there anyway i can find out.

thanks for all your help

Thanks Kevplump...think that sounds like a good way to find out. thanks for all your replies.

Fitted a 28Cdi in a house with only reasonable water pressure, according to my customer who I told before fitting his combi that performance would be limited due to his incoming main, has told me it runs two showers at the same time with no problems :) , it obviously depends on the qaulity of the combi and type of shower fitted, I did fit the optional Worcester DHW expansion vessel as per shower MI instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back