pressure Loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I got help from here recently when my boiler was troubling me. The advice received was spot on in that the engineer got wiring wrong. This time my vaillant ecomax 828E is loosing pressure. It goes down below 1bar every 5/6 days. I have checked all of my radiaters to make there are no leaks.

I have put in leak sealer but still looses presSure. This morning I noticed the isolating valve on heat delivery side was weeping ever so slightly not enough I would imagine to make system loose pressure but than again it is possible.

So all of you my friends on the forum what is causing the pressure loss. I have Worked the PRV couple of times hoping to clear it in case. The expansion vessel appears OK but I have no idea. I will appreciate positive feedback as always. This problem is bothering me.

Sponsored Links
I would never advise putting leak sealer into a modern boiler.

Only a very small leak can caus pressure to go down, some so small they evaporate. Best to look for leaks after been cold all night.

Put a bottle over vent pipe from PRV.

Tony

I would never advise putting leak sealer into a modern boiler.

Only a very small leak can caus pressure to go down, some so small they evaporate. Best to look for leaks after been cold all night.

Put a bottle over vent pipe from PRV.

Tony

Hi Tony

Boy am I glad to have your response. I talked to a collegue at work. He said he had a leak causing pressure loss. He put leak sealer in. It stopped his boiler loosing pressure. That is why I did it. Obviously it was waste of my money.

I have come home early today. My heating is set to come on at 4.00 pm for afternoon/evening slot. Being curious I looked outside the room where boiler is located. The PRV pipe is dripping. Is that the part that needs replacing. Also the condensate tube is dripping. Is that normal or is also a problem. Tony I appreciate your advice

it's normal for the condensing pipe to expel water.
your prv might have either a bit of dirt or it might be stuck open slightly , either way it's always better to replace prv's once they start to leak.
they only cost a few quid anyway.
drain down your system fit new prv and refill and pressurise to about 1.5 bar.

Sponsored Links
it's normal for the condensing pipe to expel water.
your prv might have either a bit of dirt or it might be stuck open slightly , either way it's always better to replace prv's once they start to leak.
they only cost a few quid anyway.
drain down your system fit new prv and refill and pressurise to about 1.5 bar.

Hi All

Thanks for your help. I manage to locate the correct PRV for the boiler and buy it at very reasonable price locally. It took me an hour to fit it. No loss of pressure. On the price side some retailers were quoting double the price plus postage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back