Pressure rates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heat plate (HIU or boiler) is installed in a property inside a block of flats and fed from an external commercial boiler house away from the flats.

The pressure to the heat plate (boiler) on the primary flow is 1 bar whilst on the primary return it is registering 1.7 bar?

The heating within the property is working fine, but the hot water temperatures are cold to all taps.

The system is piped up correctly, all other properties have the correct differential pressures and working fine.

All I can think of is that the heat exchanger within the plate is blocked and full of debris?

Could anyone offer a solution why the primary return is higher than the primary flow?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A good wee tip I was told on SS plate HXs; the Return out the plate should be roughly the same temperature as the HW out the plate. You may just have a dodgy gauge & some sh.t in the plate HX?

A good wee tip I was told on SS plate HXs; the Return out the plate should be roughly the same temperature as the HW out the plate. You may just have a dodgy gauge & some sh.t in the plate HX?

That could be a good answer regarding the gauge being faulty.
The differential pressure between the primary flow and return should be within 0.5 bar, the primary flow being the higher of the 2.
Will swop the heat exchanger and see if that helps.

I don't see how the pressure can be at those quoted figures.

But rather than pressures, I would want to know the temperatures of all four ports.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I don't see how the pressure can be at those quoted figures.

But rather than pressures, I would want to know the temperatures of all four ports.

Tony

I'd agree Tony, temperature is deffo a better yardstick......(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back