Pressure relief pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a vaillant 937 plus boiler that i am piping up myself before getting it commissoned, But want to make sure of one thing. Does the pressure relief pipe need to be connected to drain off or are these normally open ended ?

Sponsored Links
Ouch.....if you need to ask maybe you shouldn't be connecting up. Needs to be visible, open ended and not positioned so any discharge can cause injury. This is part of the PRV, if the boiler overheats and blows through it will be HOT......use elbows to point it back against a wall (outside obviously)

oh, this is just an aside and not directed at you personally but i never commision other peoples work......RGI or Joe publics......once i sign it off i become responsible. Unless i fit start to finish i ain't sticking my head out. Others may have a different view.....that's just mine.

oh, this is just an aside and not directed at you personally but i never commision other peoples work......RGI or Joe publics......once i sign it off i become responsible. Unless i fit start to finish i ain't sticking my head out. Others may have a different view.....that's just mine.

I agree 100% thats the trouble with this forum the guy asking the question might be some dodgy builder taking work from RGI's we should never give any advice relateing to boiler installation even if it dose'nt directly relate to Gas safety remember this might be a job you priced TIMES ARE HARD :eek:

Sponsored Links
I can assure you i am not a dodgy builder, i am completely renovating my house and am gas qualified but not practicing because i am a sparky by trade. I fitted my last boiler in my old house and had this commissioned but this was not a combi. So the reason why i asked the question is because i was almost sure of the answer but i needed it confirming as it is always best to be 100 %.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back