Pressure way too high in boiler!!!

It’s serviced every year, but I live in a rented property so probably not the best. Is there anything I should ask them to do when the engineer comes
Engineer should know what to do. It may just want the excess draining out. Filling loop appears to be off.

Sponsored Links
Is there anything I should ask them to do when the engineer comes

You could maybe ask the engineer to show one of you, how to properly pressurise the boiler?

It's a simple task, once you get the idea, and sometimes can become a regular task on some systems.

Worry not. It isn't dangerous. If the pressure goes above 3 bar - about where the red bit is if there are no numbers, then water will push open the aforementioned prv, which is sprung, and water will go outside. It might well dribble afterwards but no danger and not hugely expensive to replace.
If you did turn the boiler on, water would heat and expand and put the pressure up more, so if you can wait, do.

They make them so they don't explode, whatever someone does, or goes wrong (within reason!). That would be lots of paperwork and terribly bad for business.

1709772825058.png

The blue circled things are drain cocks as described above, on which you turn the square head. Either will do. Garden hose will be too big to stay on the outlet but you could hold a bit to discharge into a sink/w-up bowl. I see harder alternatives but won't mention them ( :) ).

The pink outlined silver braided hose is the "filling loop" which should be disconnected one end, so water can't continue flowing into the boiler. Looks like it is.

1709773487411.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back