Pressurising a Vokera Excell 80 SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - How do i repressurise my combi?

I moved into a new house and 'inherited' the combi boiler - a Vokera Excell 80 SP. I suspect it might be a few years old. It seems to work ok, its a bit noisy, but the pressure gauge is way down, like just above zero. I don't know whether the pressure really is this low or if the gauge is broken, but the shower does tend to go hot and cold quite a lot ;)

Theres a square black tap at the back, attached to the pipe where the braided flex pipe comes into the boiler - is this what i need to turn to top up the water pressure? The only other option is a large yellow lever, but maybe this is the gas supply? I don't really want to damage the boiler so if anyone knows how to sort this properly I'd be very very grateful.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Turn the lever so that it is pointing down until gauge shows 1 bar then turn lever back up.

betnick...I think the square black tap you are refering to is for the cold supply into the boiler.
Turn on a hot tap and then turn the black tap,if the water stops flowing out of the hot tap then its not the filling tap.
On the bit where the braided pipe connects into the boiler look to see if there is a small slot that you could turn with a screwdriver. If so turn it until the gauge reads 1 bar.
Yes the yellow one is the gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back