Pressurized CH system ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an ancient conventional boiler in the cellar of a terrace house with a loft conversion.

I am thinking of changing to a condensing combi boiler and also adding a rad to the attic room.
(with a young family, instant hot water would make bath times much easier and I would also get more space in the bathroom by losing the storage cylinder)

A couple of plumbers have visited to give me quotes and they have both mentioned that due to the new system being pressurized the old pipework could spring a leak.
Are they just covering themselves or is this something I should be worried about ?

thanks for reading :)

Sponsored Links
There's a chance. If you change any dodgy looking rad valves and rusty radiators then it's a small chance.
A sealed system doesn't have an endless supply of water like a tank fed one, so if there IS a leak it's unlikely to be catastrophic.
Don't worry about it, just deal with it if it happens!

Sponsored Links
Instant hot water...thats good but you also need the bath to fill quickly.
I think if you remove the storage tank, you will live to regret it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back