Prices of Take-away Food

Wetherspoons do lovely cod, chips and mushy peas, plus a pint of your choice for £9.45.
Bare in mind wetherspoons have different pricing all over the country, so it aint that price everywhere.
I think the food is fine, portions aren't huge, but I have a big appetite

Sponsored Links
Bare in mind wetherspoons have different pricing all over the country, so it aint that price everywhere.
I think the food is fine, portions aren't huge, but I have a big appetite

My one is one of the cheapest. Yet the portions are not so big.

Sponsored Links
Spoons is decent for a quick and cheap meal. They have some good beers too.

We love going out to nice places for a meal, but it’s not always possible.

The breakfasts are good and hard to beat for the price. Good choice of other things too if not wanting trad English. eg. veggie, American with waffles, maple bacon, eggs Benedict plus Bottomless tea/coffee, or a very reasonably priced pint of cider with it. Unbeatable.

Looking forward to trying the new Wetherspoons in Marlow when it eventually opens. Caused a bit of a controversy when it was announced with some locals saying 'what next, pound shops?'.

Spoons pricing works on several criteria . They price check local pubs etc and they also work on volumes so if a spoons is low on volume they will drop prices to try and get the footfall back up then creep prices back up .

The breakfasts are good and hard to beat for the price. Good choice of other things too if not wanting trad English. eg. veggie, American with waffles, maple bacon, eggs Benedict plus Bottomless tea/coffee, or a very reasonably priced pint of cider with it. Unbeatable.
I like eggs Benedict from our local spoons.

Pub we go to in town (Cardiff) , Sunday through till Friday, pint of bitter £1.99. Another pub nearby £2.50 all week. These pubs are usually busy with retired blokes, day time drinkers.
I know its an older thread but which pubs are they, Son in law lives on the outskirts of Cardiff and beer is £5.50 a pint

I know its an older thread but which pubs are they, Son in law lives on the outskirts of Cardiff and beer is £5.50 a pint
When I posted those prices it was nearly two years ago. Sadly they've gone up, but still reasonable for a big town like Cardiff. The £1.99 pint was in the Queens vaults, now it's £2.75 Sunday to Friday. The £2.50 pint was in the Borough arms, now £3.00 all week. Also the Temple bar do bitter, cider and lager for £3.00 all week, and of course there's the 'spoons (Gatekeeper, Prince of Wales, Central bar) where a pint of bitter is still well under £3.

Another customer in my local was telling me about a pub in Bristol not a million miles away charging £6 for bitter. One of my two locals has gone up a bit, £4.60 for Doom Bar. The other is seeing more of me these days because they take £1 off all ales Mon and Thurs - which brings a Doom down to £3.35. Not bad for these 'ere parts.

Last edited:
Ruddles in our spoons is only 1.77 . Worthington is 2.10 . Guiness 3.25 cheapest lager about 2.10 as well . Makes it affordable for older. Guys to have bit of company a few days a week

Sponsored Links
Back