Prima 50F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I tried fire up a potterton prima 50 F today, it has not been used for over a year and half eventually lt fired up but after a minute or so there was a grinding type noise coming from the top of the boiler any ideas on what this maybe.[/u]

Sponsored Links
That was my first guess aswell and it seems to be in the exact area where the fan is.. Is there anyway of resolving this...? When it happens the boiler wont fire back up until the heat exchanger starts cooling.

C'mon Joe, give him the benefit of your expertise. This should be good for a laugh :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
what about you pete any knowledge to share on the matter.. Im kinda lost, but i didnt think the boiler would fire up if there was an issue with the fan.

Go into the CC if you are gas registered. Your fault will require expertise to repair, so that rules out Mr 90.

Sorry about that, thanks for helping out.. I am not registered albeit I have completed the rgi and oftec, So will not endeavour into the areas of the boiler that I am not certified too.. Main thing I need to know is does this problem seem to be a direct boiler type problem or plumbing to the central heating.. I plumbed it and kept the old boiler, so I just want to know if this seems direct boiler related or if maybe my plumbing needs adjusting.

Ok aftter a bit more time with this problem.. I noticed the issue was not the fan but sounded as if it was in the combustion chamber. I then tried vent the boiler for air as it was running an noticed the water almost instantly turned to steam. So that indicated to me the issue was with overheating so it was obviously not circulating correctly.. Turns out the pump was the issue..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back