prime??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am laying a latex (arditex screed) onto a previously tiled wooden floor. A lot of the old adhesive is still down, thats why I thought it would make sense to level the floor with this stuff first.

Do I need to prime the floor first, if so will Bal Bond be ok??

I then intend to tile using Bal fastflex. It says 3 hrs till grouting is ok. I assume from this that you can walk on it after 3 hrs too?

Thanks

Beatts

p.s is it true that you use 2.6Kg / m2 with fastflex? if so then a 5m2 will need two bags (expensive!)

thanks again :)

Sponsored Links
Hi

the floor is weyroc chipboard.

I secured it, even though I coudnt feel any sort of movement. It felt pretty solid, plus it is a very small area.

I laid the latex SLC (bit of a pain in the ar_se) but it went down ok.

I then laid the tiles with fastflex. Did the lot (4.7M2) with about a bag and a half (20mm half round trowel). Hope its ok. :?:

Sponsored Links
You may be ok but chipboard is far from the ideal surface to lay tiles on. Just be aware that if the tiles come loose in a few months that you can pretty much guarantee that it's down to lack of rigidity or lack of adhesion to the chipboard substrate. Keep your fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back