Primus 2000 burner to Rothenberg disposable cylinder

A

AlexCarp

I have a very good Sievert blow torch burner that fits a Primus 2000 bottle. It is now very difficult to get these bottles exchanged or charged with gas. Is there an adapter available that will allow the Sievert torch burner to connect to the Rothenberg type of threads on the gas bottles, which are more common?

thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Yes my mate uses primus for his roth torch i will find out if he made the adaptor or bought it, unless someone else can provide info before i see him!

how come its hard getting th eprimus bottles thats what I use, but one a year normally does.

Sponsored Links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rothenberger-Primus-2000-Gas-Cylinder-Adaptor/380183398847?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18833%26meid%3D3099656990566567092%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D8556%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D181107245469%26s ?

SGM. That is the reverse. It takes a Rothenburger burner onto a Primus (Sievert) 2000 bottle. But getting there I suppose. I want to take a Sievert burner onto a disposable gas cylinder.

I have one of these with red knobs, which fits onto a Primus (Sievert) 2000 bottle:
SievertTorchHeadPowerjet.jpg

I need it to fit onto one of these disposable cylinders:
13125.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Another point. Can the Sievert burner be used with MAPP gas?

Thanks. Wow!! For such a small item, inc delivery, it is well over £20.

Primus hard to exchange ? every single plumbcentre stocks primus bottles £7 for a refill and pretty certain all PTS`S do as well

I've never had a problem exchanging Primus bottles either.

About 20 years ago I tried that Sievert burner only to find the black material that surrounds the burner started to melt away after only 10 months.

I'd say it's a big NO to using Mapp gas with that burner.

I've never had a problem exchanging Primus bottles either.

About 20 years ago I tried that Sievert burner only to find the black material that surrounds the burner started to melt away after only 10 months.

I'd say it's a big NO to using Mapp gas with that burner.

Thanks. What if you have the Sievert burner tuned down and not full on? I have been give a few MAPP gas cylinders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back